Emutex contributed to Intel® Quark D2000 BSP, providing its expertise and knowledge at all project levels.
Our client contracted Emutex to contribute to the development of a set of drivers and libraries to enable the use of the Intel® Quark™ D2000 and the Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller Software Interface (QMSI) in an embedded system.
THE QUARK-D2000 AND WHY IT DOES MATTER
The Intel® Quark™ D2000 is the first Intel x86 microcontroller based on the IA32 instruction set. In a nutshell, the D2000 is a Pentium-compatible x86 core combined with a comprehensive set of commonly used I/O ports:
- 1 @ I2C supporting Master and Slave operation up to 1Mbps
- 2 @ 16550 compliant UARTs up to 2Mbps
- 1 @ SPI Master up to 16Mhz and 1 SPI Slave up to 3.2Mhz
- 25 @ GPIO pins
- 19 @ ADC pins
- 19 @ Analog Comparators
EMUTEX'S ROLE IN D2000 DEVELOPMENT
QMSI provides a comprehensive set of drivers that acts as a light and thin abstraction layer that enables software developers to exploit the full capability of the processor’s I/O ports and connected peripherals. During its development Emutex contributed to:
- The definition, implementation and/or enhancement of several device drivers, including I2C, SPI, UART and DMA and its support in other devices.
- The design and assembly of external hardware devices for driver testing
- The design, implementation and/or enhancement of unit and system integration tests including I2C, SPI, UART, PWM, Analog Comparators, DMA, memory protection and power states.
- The design, implementation and/or enhancement of example applications for several devices like I2C, SPI, UART and DMA.
- The design, implementation and/or enhancement of the Boot Rom and its support for DFU Util.
This is just one example of the work that Emutex has done to enable customers to bring new hardware designs to life with software. For other examples, and to learn more about the services and solutions that Emutex can provide, please visit our website at www.emutex.com.